Worst ZimHipHop producers I have worked with

Before I even go further I should start by rephrasing the topic to producers I paid but don't deliver as promised. As a rapper that is trying to emerge out of the underground, also in the Diaspora to get little heads turning. I thought of working with the Zim-Hip-hop credited beat makers and producers. My previous album saw me working with Mclyne and I have received a bit more fans out of it. This year was supposed to be a step further and even go deeper in my pockets and go to the A-listed producer themselves.

Anonzi Xander 


I paid him around November last year (2016) so I could be able to kick start my second phase/album, after a long struggle to contact him he sent the instrumental around March it was half a beat so I can record and he will finish when he gets the vocals. Recorded in April and that's when the waiting game began this guy can dodge people like a Nigerian scammer 'I beg Tufiakwa'. I'm not sure if his reason was that I'm in the diaspora or he had is own project he wants to promote and push first before mine is out but he disrupted my whole album because as much as I got that track I could have gone on with the rest of the project. I wanted to taste the market with that single to test if the combination worked and decide to work with him on more tracks as I did with Mclyne on my previous album.

Will I work with him again, it depends if he finally releases the track and it's something a person can't wait for more than half a year.
UPDATE : He came back to me in September to tell me he could not finish the production because he couldn't sync the files I send and promised he will refund part of the money in October, gave me the final instrumental that mean I will work on a Xander Beat for this year's album (Going All The Way). It feels good especially that he said he will support the track, at least I can trust he still pushes his work.

Fun_F



He is much more of a friend of a friend. Once worked with him on a song called TAKE ME TO THE STARS, available on SoundCloud, his case is a bit different because when I fast paid him it was for his services as to record and master Verse'tyle's verse on a song that should have been on the album last year (From Second Tier). The song didn't end up coming to light making me abound the project altogether but the other person that was supposed to be on that song I had to make it up to him so I worked with him on a song to be released on the following album (Going All The Way). Since the none commitment of the female rapper, I put the instrument aside and went back to FunF, topped up the money so I can at least get a dope beat from him but ever since he won his award he can't be reached even after you made business with him.  

Will I work with him again, well the probability is there of working with him? I love the way he makes his beats sound so Rap like the 90's era but the way I will do business with him will be different of course will be more face to face in the Basement Studio.

Ziggy Zee 


On the previous album, I also had this similar problem of that I am facing now but the difference is Ziggy Zee charges a quarter of what Xander demands thus thought Mr. Bhachi will be professional. The two tracks on the previous album that had beats from Ziggy should have been also produced by him but I ended up linking with Ndocci in Bindura to finish the project days before the project was about to upload online. I don't even know how these producers make this disappearing acts without fulfilling their contacts, in Business, a contract is "a written or spoken agreement, especially one concerning employment, sales" 

Will I work with him again, we have found our differences and I am working with him on one of my tracks for this current album. I will also feature on his own project later this year just to show I don't hold hard feelings.



On the other hand, allow me to acknowledge some of the best beat makers and producers I have worked with, who I found are both trustworthy and get at their jobs

Mclyne Beats - he is a Harare producer give him a concept he can work his way around to execute it, on my previous album, current (soon to be released) and the next on obviously.

Trap-C - This guy can sample anything into your Hip-hop he made something from Urban Groves and a song from the legend System Tazvida on the current Album (soon to be released).

Pepzee - a Masvingo beat maker that can surely be a contender in his realm against bigger names in the capitals. He can make a dope beat from the imagination of your beatboxing and recreate the feeling you want to hear and beyond.







It's always good to have a great connection between each element of the chain to make a strong industry let the DJ have stronger bonds with local artists, let promoters have a better understanding with the fan base, rappers have a connection with thier  producers and let's all allow the ZimHop industry to grow as a sub genre of Hiphop. If we all live like we don't need the other link we are breaking the chain to a bigger vision. The secret to Zim Dancehall is that everything is connected and runs some how smoothly from Producers - chanters - DJ - promoters - fans. 





My wishlist of people I want to work with
Oskid
T-Man (Mt Zion)
Cal_Vin
Tamuka (MTM)
Kronik Boy
Simba Tagz
Take Fizzo

The list goes on.


Thank you for your attention hope no one got the wrong message this just something I had to voice out.

No comments:

Post a Comment